Professorship for Land Surface-Atmosphere Interactions
Dealing with the impact of global environmental change is the great challenge of the 21st century. Terrestrial ecosystems play an important role by storing large amounts of carbon thereby mitigating climate change. Developing a sound understanding of the functioning of ecosystem processes which are essential for interactions with the atmosphere is the goal of the professorship for “Land Surface-Atmosphere Interactions”.
Our methodological approach includes a combination of observational data and models and ranges from the calculation of simple statistical models to the development of complex process-based models from local, regional to global scale.
treeclim from the horses mouth: Christian Zang will teach his R package for dendroclimatical analysis to PhD students and postdocs on Wednesday, 16th March 2016.
Johnson et al. (2016): Variation in stem mortality rates determines patterns of aboveground biomass in Amazonian forests: implications for dynamic global...
PhD position on modelling impacts of extreme events on tropical forest ecosystems and climate feedbacks
At the Professorship for Land Surface-Atmosphere Interactions we are offering one PhD position on the topic of climate and land-use change impacts on tropical rainforests and the implications for vegetation-atmosphere feedbacks.
- CLIMAX: Climate Services Through Knowledge Co-Production
- Amazon-FACE: Free Air CO2 Enrichment Experiment in the Amazon Basin
- Helmholtz-Alliance "Remote Sensing and Earth System Dynamics"
- International Research Training Group "Dynamical Phenomena in Complex Networks: Fundamentals and Applications"
- Development of LPJmL and LPJ-GUESS
- Climate Change in the study course "Sustainable Resource Management" (MSc)
- Advanced Strategies for Ecological Data Analysis (Graduate Schools)
- "Environmental monitoring and data analysis" in the study course "Sustainable Resource Management" (MSc)
- Effects of forest fires and bark beetle attacks on forest dynamics: Development and applications of simple simulation models
- Entwicklung und Anwendung ökologischer Simulationsmodelle (MSc)
- Environmental Data Analysis (MSc)
- Einführung in die Modellierung (BSc)