Professorship for Land Surface-Atmosphere Interactions
Dealing with the impact of global environmental change is the great challenge of the 21st century. Terrestrial ecosystems play an important role by storing large amounts of carbon thereby mitigating climate change. Developing a sound understanding of the functioning of ecosystem processes which are essential for interactions with the atmosphere is the goal of the professorship for “Land Surface-Atmosphere Interactions”.
Our methodological approach includes a combination of observational data and models and ranges from the calculation of simple statistical models to the development of complex process-based models from local, regional to global scale.
LSAI welcomes Ekaterina Sycheva as new PhD student in the FOREXCLIM project!
Our new project "Forests and extreme weather events: Solutions for risk resilient management in a changing climate" (FOREXCLIM, link) was presented at the Sumforest final...
The AmazonFACE team, including Katrin Fleischer and Anja Rammig, conducted the 3rd Amazonia and Climate Change field course for 24 participants. Read more on this annual event...
- PhosForest: Constraining phosphorus feedbacks on the functioning of the Amazon rainforest
- FOREXCLIM: Forests and extreme weather events: Solutions for risk resilient management in a changing climate
- CLIMAX: Climate Services Through Knowledge Co-Production
- Amazon-FACE: Free Air CO2 Enrichment Experiment in the Amazon Basin
- Helmholtz-Alliance "Remote Sensing and Earth System Dynamics"
- International Research Training Group "Dynamical Phenomena in Complex Networks: Fundamentals and Applications"
- Development of LPJmL and LPJ-GUESS
- Climate Change in the study course "Sustainable Resource Management" (MSc)
- Advanced Strategies for Ecological Data Analysis (Graduate Schools)
- "Environmental monitoring and data analysis" in the study course "Sustainable Resource Management" (MSc)
- Effects of forest fires and bark beetle attacks on forest dynamics: Development and applications of simple simulation models
- Entwicklung und Anwendung ökologischer Simulationsmodelle (MSc)
- Environmental Data Analysis (MSc)
- Einführung in die Modellierung (BSc)